Participating in a hotel program gets your hotel or chain in front of more businesses and more potential guests.
Hotels in popular business travel destinations are constantly fighting with each other for market share. There are moments when nearly all hotels in a city are full, like during a big conference, but individual properties need a competitive advantage to stay ahead week in and week out.
Joining a hotel program is one of the best ways to create and maintain that competitive advantage. Most hotel programs require properties to offer a specific level of service for participation. When hotels meet a program’s threshold, they are more attractive as a business travel property — and they also gain access to more potential guests.
See below for more details on what business Travelers want out of the hotel experience, plus information on the JTB Global Hotel Program.
What Do Businesses & Business Travelers Want?
Businesses and business travelers want a completely different hotel experience than leisure Travelers. What exactly do companies and their traveling team members want out of hotel stays? Here’s a brief list:
- Business Rates: Businesses want attractive rates. They invest a great deal of money into business travel, and they expect to get a return on that investment. By keeping hotel rates low, these businesses are more likely to get the type of ROI they expect.
- Convenience: Business Travelers want convenience first and foremost. Your hotel can’t do anything about its location at this point. But it can provide plentiful power outlets, accessible meeting rooms, on-site business services, plus other amenities that make any business Traveler’s stay as convenient as possible.
- Loyalty Programs: Attractive loyalty programs are among the best options for capturing the attention of business Travelers.
- Wellness Amenities: Traveling for business can be hard on anyone’s health. Your hotel is more likely to capture the attention of business Travelers by offering a well-stocked fitness center and healthy dining options.
- Fast Services: Providing fast services (think overnight dry cleaning, 1-hour shoeshines, speedy breakfasts, etc.) will keep business Travelers coming back for more.
- Peace and Quiet: Business Travelers are interested in rest and productivity. Create an environment that promotes both and you’ll find that you get repeat stays.
The JTB Global Hotel Program
Aside from creating the right environment and offering the right amenities for business Travelers, any hotel that wants to serve corporate guests needs to be “discoverable.” How can you get your hotel in front of as many eyeballs as possible? Joining a hotel program is the perfect place to start.
The JTB Global Hotel Program offers an attractive option for hotels and hotel chains. Our primary JTB Global Hotel Program allows hotels to distribute their properties across all booking channels, which provides high visibility among JTB Business Travel’s Advisors and clients. As an alternative, hotels and chains can choose to participate in JTB’s RoomAdvantage Program, which is designed as a turnkey solution for small- to mid-sized clients that don’t have their own hotel programs. Hotels and chains can take advantage of creative marketing and advertising opportunities, and they can also customize their benefits to enhance what they get out of the Program.
Whether you choose JTB’s Global Hotel Program or a different hotel program, you’ll be getting your properties in front of more prospective business Travelers than you would otherwise.
Why Choose the JTB Global Hotel Program?
JTB Business Travel operates 508 locations in 143 cities located in 39 countries around the world. As the leading travel management company for businesses large and small, we emphasize new technologies, innovative services and superior travel experiences for our clients. Any hotel or chain that joins our Global Hotel Program will gain access to this worldwide network and have the opportunity to meet, book and serve guests in a way that creates repeat business.
Are you interested in joining the 2022 JTB Global Hotel Program? Contact us to learn more about participating.