Our favorite travel technologies for your next business trip (or around the office).
Sometimes traveling for work can be a real slog. Business Travelers experience flight delays and jet lag, and then there’s the time away from home and family. But today, Travelers do enjoy several high tech travel tools that can make life on the road just a little bit easier (and a little bit safer/healthier).
Here’s a look at 5 compelling travel technologies we like for business travel, as well as a bonus section on products that promote health, safety and cleanliness while traveling in the age of COVID-19.
1. The Bluesmart One Suitcase
The Bluesmart One is quickly becoming a status symbol for savvy business Travelers. This smart suitcase understands the unique needs of business travel, and it responds with a series of features that enhance, streamline and simplify the travel experience:
- Tracking: You can track your bag’s location, no matter where it is in the world, right from your own mobile device. Did your bag get stolen? Lost? Wonder no more where it is when you have this smart luggage.
- Charging: Airports and other transit venues often feel like electrical outlet deserts, places where travelers anxiously look at their ever-diminishing bars. This smart suitcase can charge your phone up to 6 times in a single journey.
- Weighing: Worried about going over a weight threshold and incurring additional fees? You can weigh your bag right from your phone, which allows you time to reallocate items to your carry-on and avoid paying more.
- Locking: You can lock and unlock your bag right from your phone, which delivers peace of mind as you’re traveling and your bag is making its way from plane to plane and from terminal to baggage claim.
The Bluesmart One is among your best carry on luggage options for 2020. Its lock and battery are TSA-compliant, which means it speeds through security checkpoints. And its specifications are meant to make sliding into even the tightest of overhead compartments a breeze.
2. Bluetooth Locks
Don’t want to spring for a smart suitcase? Get the next best thing when you protect your luggage with a Bluetooth padlock. We’ve come a long way since the days of analog locks that required codes or keys and that could be snapped with an everyday gardening tool.
A smart lock from a provider like Master Lock delivers the ability to lock and unlock your suitcase right from your smartphone, whether or not you’re in your bag’s immediate vicinity. You can also receive tamper alerts that let you know if someone’s trying to gain illicit access to your suitcase.
Take advantage of Bluetooth locks, but always be careful when checking locked luggage. If the TSA determines that your checked bag needs to be physically inspected, they reserve the right to break locks and place a notice in your bag.
3. Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Heaphones
Improvements in wireless devices have rapidly outpaced improvements in the wireless headphones that go with them. That is, options for Bluetooth earbuds just haven’t been very good in recent history.
That’s starting to change, and we think the Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones represent one of your best business travel technology options today Whether you’re on the road or working remotely, advanced noise-canceling technology ensures that you can step away from the sounds and distractions of business travel to get rest or to focus on your work. You also enjoy high-quality sound when listening to music or streaming movies or television shows in-flight.
4. Seagate Seven Portable Drive
Streaming and remote storage access can be dicey propositions when traveling, especially when you’re spending time in international destinations. The Seagate Seven Portable Drive is the ideal solution for business Travelers who want to lighten the load but also have access to what they need when they need it.
The Seagate Seven Portable Drive claims to be the world’s thinnest at just 7 mm (.3 inches), with a 3.2-inch by 4.8-inch surface. It’s strong, too, able to survive being run over by a small car. No matter where you are or where you’re going, this portable hard drive lets you take along 500 GB or 750 GB that can be accessed via a rugged braided USB 3.0 cable.
What does this external hard drive mean for the Business Traveler? It means that you have reliable backup storage for large presentation files. It means that you can store enough HD video files to have a movie marathon both coming and going on flights between the United States and Australia. And it means freedom from unpredictable wireless connections in hotels, airports and on airplanes.
5. Luminette Light Therapy
At JTB Business Travel, we emphasize the importance of work-life balance and the need for Travelers to feel rested, relaxed and at their best when they wake up in a foreign city in a foreign time zone. That’s one reason why we chose the Luminette Light Therapy as one of our favorite travel technologies.
Worn like glasses, the Luminette Light Therapy system uses white light enhanced with blue light to simulate the effects of sunlight and to activate “our body’s positive response to light.”
Tests show that 20- to 45-minute sessions wearing the Luminette Light Therapy system can help you sleep better, feel more energetic and recover more quickly from jet lag. Because the system is worn like glasses, you can do a session while eating breakfast, brushing your teeth or otherwise getting ready for the workday ahead.
Bonus: Health-Related Travel Technologies
As COVID-19 has spread around the world in 2020, products that promote health, safety and cleanliness have taken center stage. Here’s a look at 3 high tech health-related products that business Travelers should consider investing in:
- PhoneSoap: Phones collect germs like crazy. PhoneSoap is a travel phone sanitizer that you can use regularly to zap those germs and ensure that you stay as healthy as possible while you’re on the road for work.
- Urban Air Mask: It’s one thing to find a cloth mask you can wear to the grocery store. It’s a whole other thing to find a mask you can wear throughout an hours-long flight. The Urban Air Mask by Airinum is a good example of a technologically advanced mask that provides a good balance of comfort and protection.
- Touchland: Not all hand sanitizers are created equal. Products like Touchland are designed for ease of use and effectiveness — while also provided a pleasant scent. Stock up on Touchland (or other advanced hand sanitizers) before you travel.
Discover New Travel Technologies — And a Common Sense Approach to Business Travel
These new travel technologies can make life easier for business Travelers. And, at JTB Business Travel, we make life easier for Travel Managers and Executives through our common sense approach to business travel.
As a full-service travel management company, we make sure that you have the technology, tools, guidance and support needed to see the best possible return on your investment in business travel.
Get in touch today and learn more about how we can improve your company’s business travel.